We’re living in an age of unprecedented change. We experience with Oculus Rift, invest with Acorns, consume video through Hyper, tune into Pandora and navigate with Waze.
Digital transformation is now a matter of business survival.
To help marketers understand the impact of digital on their roles and consumer engagement, the Closing the Gap podcast series identified key ways consumer behaviour has changed as a result of digital transformation.
For example, consumers are building their own solutions, evaluating across category and negotiating price differently. This has given them the control of brand engagement, and has changed everything, from how they research products and services, to their reliance of peer-to-peer recommendations and their loyalty to brands.
From there, the podcast series sought to understand how marketers can bridge the gap between their brands and the modern customer. To do this, we explored the following seven areas:
- Build a consumer practice
- Understanding the customer journey
- Story doing, not just story telling
- Creating an intuitive bond with the customers.
- Co-creation: Including your consumers in building the brand
- Breaking into the purchase journey and awaken customer out of autopilot
- Market-a-bling: Proving marketing’s worth through ROI