CMO50 2018 is now open for submissions
- 13 June, 2018 13:25
CMO is very excited to announce submissions for the 2018 edition of our CMO50 are now open.
It’s the fourth year of this prestigious annual list recognising Australia’s 50 most innovative Chief Marketing Officers driving business impact within their organisation. And it’s great to see this annual list has become such a benchmark for excellence in our industry.
The CMO50 is about shining a light on those marketing chiefs taking a leading role in fostering innovation and new ways of thinking not just within marketing, but also their wider company, as well as demonstrating commercial acumen and effectiveness. Our ultimate objective is to showcase the increased importance of Australian marketing leaders in business, as well as the role of modern CMOs in crafting future business growth and opportunity, and the skills needed to be successful.
Specifically, we’re looking at marketing leaders that are making a difference within their organisation, and who are enabling greater collaboration and better customer and market engagement as a result.
We’re delighted to again confirm Adobe as our exclusive sponsor this year.
The 2018 questionnaire is about showcasing:
- Business contribution and innovation
- A customer engagement-led approach to marketing thinking and effectiveness
- The application of data and/or technology in marketing strategy and programs
- Empowered and strategic thinking
- An ability to effect change in the organisation
- Demonstration of marketing’s commercial effectiveness
- Resilience and agility
The CMO50 is only open to the top Australia-based marketer within an organisation with responsibility for the vision and strategy of the whole company marketing function. In order to be included in the judging process, marketers have to complete a questionnaire via a standardised submission form.
Please note only 1 completed submission per candidate will be considered and is required. We recommend marketers directly complete the questionnaire themselves, but these can also be filled in by suitable peers.
This year, we're again offering those who nominate a complimentary ticket to CMO's dedicated conference for modern marketing leaders, CMO Momentum, in Sydney on 4 July. So make sure you get those entries coming in quickly!
All nominations will be reviewed by our CMO50 judging panel, who will rate each section of the questionnaire in order to come up with our final list. This year’s CMO50 list will be revealed in October, when we’ll also be hosting an exclusive invite-only dinner for CMOs.
The 2018 judges list includes:
- Nick Baker, CEO of Outdoria and former CMO, Tourism Australia
- John Batistich, former director of marketing, Scentre Group (Westfield)
- Carmen Bekker, partner, KPMG CMO Advisory
- Nadia Cameron, publisher and editor, CMO
- Mark Harland, former EGM marketing, Holden Australia
- Inese Kingsmill, former marketing chief of Virgin Australia
- Mark Lollback, CEO, GroupM
- Jane Merrick, former GM marketing and CX, Consumer Division, IAG
- David Morgan, brand consultant and former CMO of Nestle
- Georgina Williams, board director, former executive of engagement, advocacy and brand, AustralianSuper
- Mike Zeederberg, managing director, Zuni
Questionnaires must be completed and submitted by Friday 3 August 2018. These will then be used as the basis for our judging process.
Final selections are confirmed by our judging panel. All scores will be kept confidential and are not being released publicly, nor will they be discussed with any individual applicants.
So get cracking on those submissions!