CMO50 2021 nominations now open!
- 09 June, 2021 15:02
CMO is delighted to officially open nominations for the CMO50 2021, our annual list recognising Australia’s 50 most innovative and effective Chief Marketing Officers exhibiting demonstrable impact across their organisation.
Now in its seventh year, the CMO50 list celebrates those leading the marketing function who are demonstrating innovative, strategic thinking, driving business change and commercial success, showcasing modern marketing leadership, and enabling greater collaboration and better customer engagement as a result. Through this, we strive to meet our ultimate objective, which is to shine a spotlight on the increased importance of Australian marketing leaders in business.
This year’s program is brought to you once more by our exclusive sponsor, Adobe.
In 2021, we will be working recognise great CMOs by considering:
- Business contribution and innovation
- A customer engagement-led approach to marketing thinking and effectiveness
- The application of data and/or technology in marketing strategy and programs
- Empowered, bold and strategic thinking
- Resiliency and adaptability in the face of change
- Inspired marketing and team leadership
- Demonstration of marketing’s commercial effectiveness
The CMO50 is open to the top Australia-based marketer within an organisation with responsibility for the vision and strategy of the whole company marketing function. In order to be included in the judging process, marketers have to either self-nominate, or be nominated by a suitable peer, via out standardised submission form. You can download the 2021 questionnaire here.
All completed questionnaires will be reviewed by our CMO50 judging panel, who work together to devise our final list. Please be assured questionnaires and commercially sensitive information will be kept confidential to the judging panel.
This year’s fantastic CMO50 judging panel includes:
- John Batistich, former director of marketing, Scentre Group (Westfield)
- Andrew Baxter, former chair of Publicis and senior advisor to KPMG's Customer, Brand & Marketing Advisory business
- Mark Buckman, former CMO and senior advisor, Accenture Interactive
- Nadia Cameron, Publisher and Editor, CMO
- Susan Massasso, former chief brand and growth officer, The a2 Milk Company
- David Morgan, brand consultant and founder, MacMorgan
- Michele Phillips, managing partner, 100 Percent Partners
- Michael Rebelo, CEO, Publicis Groupe A/NZ
- Georgina Williams, board director, former CMO
- Lisa Winn, building business strategies and innovative solutions
- Mike Zeederberg, managing director, Zuni
We sincerely thank all of our judges for the time and effort they spend in helping produce this list.
Nominations for the CMO50 2021 are due to be submitted by no later than Friday 6 August 2021.
Final selections are confirmed by our judging panel and are not open to further discussion or negotiation. All scores will be kept confidential and are not being released publicly, nor will they be discussed with any individual applicants.
The 2021 CMO50 will be revealed at our exclusive CMO50 event, which we’re delighted to say is returning to an in-person format in Sydney in October! The CMO50 2021 list and profiles will also feature in CMO’s October 2021 magazine edition, as well as online in our dedicated portal: www.cmo.com.au/cmo50.
Those who nominate will automatically receive an invite-only ticket to attend the CMO50 dinner and network with the CMO50 alumni representing the best marketing leaders from across Australia.
New in 2021: The Marketer's Champion
As part of our 2021 program, CMO is also pleased to announce a new annual accolade, The Marketer's Champion, to recognise one individual who’s helping to progress the marketing community's role within the wider business community.
The Marketer’s Champion is about recognising one individual no longer in an active CMO role or function, but who continues to contribute and give back to the marketing community to ensure the profession is respected as an active business contributor and growth driver.
We’re asking all of our judges, CMO50 nominees and followers this year to put forward 1-2 individuals they consider worthy of such an accolade. These names will be collated and presented to our CMO50 judging panel in 2021 for discussion to determine our final choice.
Our inaugural Marketer's Champion will be revealed alongside this year's CMO50 list at our special CMO50 dinner in October.
We welcome your views on who is worthy of such an accolade too, so if you'd like to suggest an individual for this award, please email their name and a short statement to CMO Publisher and Editor, Nadia Cameron: email@example.com