Top Australian analytics leaders recognised
- 02 August, 2019 10:49
The top analytics leaders in Australia have been named, with JLL, The Iconic and QBE topping the list.
The Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA), the body for analytics professionals in Australia, announced those at the top of analytics leadership in Australia as part of the IAPA 2019 Top 25 Analytics Leaders program.
“As analytics matures, all verticals recognise the benefits of data-driven decisions and the value their analytics team can deliver,” managing director of IAPA, Annette Slunjski, said. “Leadership in analytics is so much more than technical expertise. Soft skills continue to be the difference between good and great, while thoughtful stances on emerging issues like ethics, bias and transparency will be increasingly important to the role."
The 2019 cohort of top 25 leaders in analytics spans industries from financial services, utilities and telco to ecommerce, education, software, IT and government.
“Analytics leaders are the linchpin to the successful delivery of business value from analytics. We are proud to publicly recognise them for their leading role in building better business,” Slunjski continued.
The top analytics leaders were found to not only ensure the analytics team deliver value to the business, but champion analytics and insight-driven decision making with the c-suite and mentor junior talent to assist their team’s career progression.
Judged by a panel of leading analytics and business leaders, the 2019 IAPA Top 25 Analytics Leaders recognises excellence in four key areas: Strategy and impact; influence and advocacy; innovation and improvement; and team growth and leadership.
Those ranked 1 to 10 are:
1. Sean Pereira, director - business analytics, JLL
2. Kshira Saagar, director of data science and analytics, THE ICONIC
3. Ashok Nair, chief data and analytics officer, QBE
4. Tony Ohlsson, chief analytics officer, Volt Bank
5. Mohadeseh Ganji, data science chapter lead, Mondo
6. Keegan O'Shea, principal consultant, Customer Data Science, Suncorp
7. Aaron Artery, CEO, Customer Crunch
8. Dean Marchiori, head of data science, Internetrix
9. Mario Ribeiro, general manager data and advanced analytics, Blackwoods
10. Joanna Aldridge, research informatics manager, University of Sydney
The IAPA Top 25 Analytics Leaders is supported by Hudson and Altair Knowledge Works. The IAPA is the professional organisation for the analytics industry in Australia, incorporating business analytics and data mining across multiple disciplines and sectors.
Follow CMO on Twitter: @CMOAustralia, take part in the CMO conversation on LinkedIn: CMO ANZ, follow our regular updates via CMO Australia's Linkedin company page, or join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CMOAustralia.