Energy Super - Turning assumptions into certainty with user feedback
- 16 July, 2019 09:26
With more than 47,000 members and over $7 billion in managed funds, Energy Super is run only to benefit its members.
With a focus on low fees and a strong track record of consistent returns, Energy Super is recognized as a ‘best value for money’ fund and are one of the leading superannuation funds for employees of the energy industry.
Having access to real-time user feedback has helped Energy Super:
- Rapidly identify pain points, decreasing the time to issue identification and resolution from weeks to a matter of days.
- Embed Voice of Member as an intrinsic part of their ‘business as usual’ process significantly improving their customer centricity as a result.
- Inform their digital roadmap based on first-hand insight into what is of greatest value to their members.
- Gather a broader range of member feedback than ever before.
In order to ensure that Energy Super was putting their members at the center of their digital transformation and meeting their expectations, they needed a more effective method for gathering feedback on both established and evolving experiences.
“Usabilla’s Voice of Customer platform has certainly helped us achieve a greater level of customer centricity with feedback not only shaping the digital roadmap but becoming increasingly important in how we prioritize optimizing the full breadth of experiences we offer.”
Marcus McNally, Digital Manager, Energy Super
Usabilla’s Voice of Customer platform has enabled Energy Super to do just that, fundamentally changing the way they gather, analyze and act on member feedback.
By providing a real-time pulse on member sentiment, Usabilla has enabled Energy Super to move beyond sporadic member initiated phone and email feedback. The ability to collect insights from a broader range of members and put them directly in the hands of the business enables Energy Super to target key journeys for value optimization.
The benefit of real-time user feedback is that Energy Super now has complete clarity on the areas that represent the greatest value to their members as well as where they experience challenges.
Like most organizations, Energy Super found that 80% of their members visited 20% of their pages - pinpointing what to focus on was instrumental in helping prioritize upgrades, and provide value to the greatest number of members.
As a result, Usabilla is now a ‘business as usual’ process that is applied to any significant member journey change, product release or content update.
“By making Voice of Member central to our digital strategy, Usabilla helps us validate our assumptions and prioritize our digital roadmap according to our members' needs.”
- Member feedback is a key indicator of member experience enabling Energy Super to rapidly pivot member experiences and journeys by reducing or simplifying content.
- The active monitoring of feedback is essential to introducing change in a phased manner - delivering incremental but frequent improvements ensuring a smoother member experience and ‘happier’ faces.
- Usabilla’s issue prioritization capability and automatic tagging provide absolute clarity on what needs to be addressed and by whom, in order to resolve particular issues.
“Usabilla delivers a way of turning assumptions into certainty, and the teams' proactive guidance and advice ensures we maximize the value of our investment at every step of our VoC journey.”
To find out more about Usabilla, click here.