CMO50 2019 nominations are now open
- 20 June, 2019 10:23
The CMO team is delighted to announce nominations for the 2019 edition of the CMO50, Australia’s list of most innovative and effective marketers, are now open!
The CMO50 annual list is aimed at recognising Australia’s 50 most innovative Chief Marketing Officers driving business impact within their organisation. This year’s list is once again brought to you by our exclusive sponsor, Adobe.
Now in its fifth year, the CMO50 recognises those leading the marketing function who are demonstrating innovative, strategic thinking, driving business change and commercial success, showcasing modern marketing leadership, and enabling greater collaboration and better customer engagement as a result. And the list has become a benchmark of excellence for Australia’s marketing leadership community, reflecting a prestigious group of individuals and their marketing teams.
The CMO50 is open to the top Australia-based marketer within an organisation with responsibility for the vision and strategy of the whole company marketing function. These marketers can have a local, regional or global remit, but must be based in Australia and have ownership of the CMO function within their organisation.
Nominees must also be currently in a role at time of judging in order to be eligible.
Those wishing to be considered for our list MUST complete the CMO50 questionnaire .
Completed questionnaires should then be sent to CMO publisher and editor, Nadia Cameron: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations are due in no later than Monday 5 August 2019.
This CMO50 is not about a specific campaign, or activity. Instead, the ambition is to showcase true marketing leadership prowess through:
- Business contribution and innovation
- A customer engagement-led approach to marketing thinking and effectiveness
- The application of data and/or technology in marketing strategy and programs
- Empowered and bold thinking
- An ability to effect change in the organisation
- Demonstration of marketing’s commercial effectiveness
- Adaptability and agility
To ensure our CMO50 is as comprehensive and commendable as possible, we compiled a strong industry judging panel to determine the final 50 list. This year’s judges include:
- Nick Baker, CEO of Outdoria and former CMO, Tourism Australia
- John Batistich, former director of marketing, Scentre Group (Westfield)
- Andrew Baxter, former chair of Publicis and senior advisor to KPMG's Customer, Brand & Marketing Advisory business
- Ben Foote, CEO, Australian Institute of Management
- Karen Ganschow, former GM consumer marketing, NAB
- Fiona Johnston, CEO at UM Australia
- Andrea Martens, CEO of the Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA)
- Vince Mitchell, Professor and Head of the Marketing Discipline, The University of Sydney
- David Morgan, brand consultant and former CMO of Nestle
- Joe Pollard, executive and non-executive director, former Telstra CMO and group executive, Media
- Georgina Williams, board director, former executive of engagement, advocacy and brand, AustralianSuper
- Mike Zeederberg, managing director, Zuni
Nominations are due to be submitted by no later than Monday 5 August 2019.
Final selections are confirmed by our judging panel and are not open to further discussion or negotiation. All scores will be kept confidential.
The 2019 CMO50 will be revealed at our prestigious CMO50 dinner in Sydney on 17 October 2019. They’ll also be announced in our special edition CMO print magazine, as well as via our dedicated portal: www.cmo.com.au/cmo50.
Our invite-only CMO50 dinner has quickly become one of the most salubrious and important events on the CMO calendar, attended by the cream of Australia’s CMO crop. Those nominating will automatically receive an invitation to join their leadership peers at this event.
So get cracking on those submissions and ensure your place!