Savvy shoppers wait in anticipation, while Australian retailers are gearing up for the onslaught. Amazon’s arrival is imminent.
CMO is delighted to announce that the nominations for the 2016 edition of our CMO50 are now open.
This highly successful, prestigious annual list launched in 2015 and recognises Australia’s 50 most innovative Chief Marketing Officers driving business impact within their organisation. This year’s list is brought to you by our sponsor, Adobe.
The CMO50 is about recognising those taking a leading role in fostering innovation and new ways of thinking not just within marketing but also their wider company. Our ultimate objective is to shine a spotlight on the increased importance of Australian marketing leaders in business, as well as the role of modern CMOs in crafting future business growth and opportunity, and the skills needed to be successful.
Specifically, we’re looking at marketing leaders that are making a difference within their organisation, and who are enabling greater collaboration and better customer and market engagement as a result.
This year, we’ve tweaked our nominations questionnaire to cover the key pillars of modern marketing leadership:
- Business contribution and innovation
- A customer engagement-led and innovative approach to marketing thinking and effectiveness
- The application of data and/or technology in marketing strategy and programs
- Empowered and strategic thinking
- An ability to effect change in the organisation
- Creativity and agility
The CMO50 is open to the top marketer within an organisation with responsibility for the vision and strategy of the whole company marketing function. In order to be included in the selection and judging process, marketers had to either self-nominate, or be nominated by a suitable peer from within the organisation, via the standardised submission form. Please note only 1 completed submission per candidate will be considered.
All nominations will be reviewed by our CMO50 judging panel, who will rate each section of the questionnaire in order to come up with our final list. This year’s CMO50 list will be revealed in October.
This year, we’ve pulled together a stellar list of judges:
- Maryjane Aviles, principal consultant, Tribe and Company
- John Batistich, former director of marketing, Scentre Group (Westfield)
- Louise Baxter, CEO, Starlight Foundation
- Nadia Cameron, publisher and editor, CMO
- Sandra de Castro, former CMO, NAB
- Jess Gill, partner, Growth Mantra
- Steve Hallam, partner, Deloitte Digital
- Andrew Haussegger, MD, Greenhat
- Ken Hudson, creativity consultant
- Dr Amantha Imber, founder, Inventium
- Tara Lordsmith, MD, Lordsmith & Co
- Robert Miller, professor of marketing, Macquarie University
- David Morgan, brand consultant and former CMO of Nestle
- Oliver Rees, founder and CEO, Torque Data
- Jodie Sangster, CEO, ADMA
All of the judges bios can now be found in our CMO50 portal: www.cmo.com.au/cmo50/judges/
The final deadline for submitting nominations is Friday 5 August.
This year, we’re also excited to confirm we’ll be holding an exclusive event for the CMO50, featuring several of this year’s winners in profile. Attendance to this event is strictly limited to Australian marketing leaders. Stay tuned for further details on our event.
If you have questions on the CMO50, please email CMO Publisher and Editor, Nadia Cameron: firstname.lastname@example.org