Our overall brand perceptions are invariably shaped by our experiences. And loyal customer relationships can be severed in moments by a negative service interaction.
The Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) has appointed Lion’s Matt Tapper as the new chair of its board, replacing Telstra’s Inese Kingsmill.
Kingsmill, who is the telco’s director of consumer marketing, has been chair of the industry body since November 2012, and was acting chair nine months previously. She will continue as an AANA board member.
Tapper is the managing director of global markets for Lion’s Beer, Cider and Wine business, and was promoted to the role in August after five years as its national marketing director. He has been deputy chair for the last three years.
“I am inheriting a strong, united board thanks to Inese’s leadership,” he said in a statement. “The AANA is the peak national body for advertisers and together with Sunita [Gloster, CEO] and our members, we will continue to be highly active in promoting our core purpose of advertising self-regulation.
“It’s an exciting time for marketing and as leaders we need to keep working on building and elevating the reputation and communicating the contribution of our profession.”
The AANA said Andrea Martens, VP marketing and managing director for Unilever’s Home and Personal Care division has been elected as deputy chair, while its treasurer, Mark Reinke, group executive director for customer, data and marketing at Suncorp, remains in the role.
Kingsmill pointed to work done on the AANA’s new strategic plan, which has seen it refreshed and re-energised as an association.
“The continuity that Matt provides will be a great resource to support our CEO, Sunita Gloster, who has led the transformation of the AANA into the dynamic organisation it is today,” she said.
“I’m proud of the significant contribution we’ve all made toward elevating the marketing profession and strengthening the self-regulatory system for which we are responsible.”
The full AANA Board are:
- Inese Kingsmill, director of consumer marketing, Telstra
- Andrew Caie, general manager, marketing, Subaru
- Mike Connaghan, CEO, STW Group
- Jeremy Griffith, corporate affairs director, Carlton United Breweries
- Thérèse Kallie, director communication and marketing excellence, Nestlé Australia
- Bronwyn Powell, senior director of marketing, McDonald’s Australia
- David Scribner, head of Virgin Mobile Australia
- John Steedman, non-executive chairman, GroupM
- Adrian Weimers, brand communications corporate manager, Lexus