We’re living in an age of unprecedented change. We experience with Oculus Rift, invest with Acorns, consume video through Hyper, tune into Pandora and navigate with Waze.
Nominations for the inaugural CMO50 have now officially closed. We're now collating all the entries for our judges, so stay tuned for the announcement on our first 50 list!
In honour of the many ways marketing leaders are contributing to strategic and commercial worth, we’ve decided it’s high time to give recognition where it’s due.
This year, CMO is launching the inaugural CMO50, a list aimed at recognising Australia’s 50 most innovative Chief Marketing Officers driving transformational business impact within their organisation.
The list is only open to the top marketer within an organisation responsible for the vision and strategy of the whole company marketing function.
This annual list will recognise those who are taking the leading role in fostering innovation and new ways of thinking within their company, who are effecting business change, and who are enabling greater collaboration and better customer and market engagement as a result.
Specifically, the questionnaire is about showcasing:
- Business contribution and innovation
- Modern marketing and customer engagement thinking and effectiveness
- Data and/or technology driven approach
- Empowered and long-term thinking
The process will be two-fold. In the first instance, we’re asking CMOs to self-nominate, or to be nominated by a suitable peer. To do so, they’ll need to complete a questionnaire, which will be used as the basis for how the list is determined.
To help ensure our CMO50 is as comprehensive and commendable as possible, we’ve also compiled a 10-strong judging panel to help craft the final 50. Our judging panel includes respected figures from different parts of the industry, all with extensive experience in marketing and its changing demands, and I thank them in advance for helping to produce this list.
Our judging panel is:
- ADMA CEO, Jodie Sangster;
- Virgin Mobile CEO, David Scribner;
- Zuni managing director, Mike Zeederberg;
- Former STW Group chief operating officer, Chris Savage;
- Beinbound founder and managing director, Chris Fell;
- Former Myer GM of marketing, Megan Foster;
- Former Samsung CMO, Arno Lenoir;
- Former Qantas executive manager of group brand and marketing, Tim McColl-Jones;
- Brand consultant and former executive director of corporate affairs and marketing, David Morgan;
- CMO Associate Publisher and Editor, Nadia Cameron.
The final CMO50 will be revealed in our next edition of CMO magazine, as well as online, where we’ll provide extensive profiles and insights into Australia’s most innovative and effective marketing chiefs. And as we’re planning to make this an annual list, we’ll look to recognise CMOs each year for their innovations and achievements at demonstrating marketing’s contribution to business success.
CMO50 is a really exciting project to be launching and a great opportunity to recognise Australian marketing leaders doing a stellar job, as well as the role of CMOs in crafting future business growth and opportunity.
For any questions on the CMO50, email CMO Editor, Nadia Cameron: firstname.lastname@example.org