Savvy shoppers wait in anticipation, while Australian retailers are gearing up for the onslaught. Amazon’s arrival is imminent.
A new infographic from Uberflip has set out to detail the top traits modern CMOs need to ride out the digital and technology disruption they’re facing today.
The (Not so secret) formula of the modern CMO infographic pulls together data from recent Deloitte, Accenture and Aberdeen Research among other vendor sources, to outline the focus areas for the role.
Key among these are building longer-term relationships both with customers and internal peers, embracing change, having a passion for technology, living for data, and an innate ability to balance tasks.
According to Deloitte figures included in the infographic, the biggest areas of management change for CMOs have been greater revenue growth and responsibility, increasing data analytics skills, owning customer-facing channels, and playing a greater customer service role.
Follow CMO on Twitter: @CMOAustralia, take part in the CMO Australia conversation on LinkedIn: CMO Australia, join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CMOAustralia, or check us out on Google+: google.com/+CmoAu
- Industry split on impact of P&G's switch from 'marketing' to 'brand' management
- PwC: Data investment helps marketers adopt whole-of-business approach
- Sonia Bijelic replaces Julian Dunne as Cricket Australia's head of marketing
- Buckman quits Telstra marketing and media post
- Dialling into customer advocacy: Telstra CMO Mark Buckman
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?